The CEU Democracy Institute Leadership Academy (DILA) is a unique, 12-week part-time English-language leadership training program offered by the CEU Democracy Institute for a new generation of public leaders in Central and Eastern Europe. The course addresses the needs of mid-career local, municipal and national leaders, political party representatives, policy experts working at parties, in civil service and think-tanks, and civil society activists who seek to promote democratic change.
For more information on the program, please click here.
Details of the internship
We are looking for interns for a part-time position in Budapest, with the possibility of working remotely for some parts of the program.
The post is for a minimum of three months between June 1 and November 30, 2022.
How to apply
Please send a CV and a cover letter of 300 words max. to the email@example.com email address.
Application deadline: We accept applications on a rolling basis.
For questions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect
The CEU DILA program seeks interns to:
- Contribute to the smooth running of the hybrid course, including online assistance;
- Contribute to the logistical and organizational tasks related to the program;
- Communicate with program participants;
- Support the in-person program elements.
Interns will have the opportunity to meet and learn from high-level politicians and leading academic experts of democratic innovations. They will learn how to interact and organize an international group with diverse professional backgrounds. They will experience a wide range of teaching and skillbuilding methods and formats online and offline, and be part of a dynamic team.
Required knowledge / skills / motivation
- Interest in politics;
- Openness and curiosity to global changes;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Familiarity with Office programs;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a team;
- Experience in e-learning platforms is an advantage;
Hungarian is an advantage but not required.