The Journalism Breakthroughs Project led by the CEU Democracy Institute’s Media and Technology Workgroup organized on October 20-21, 2022, a one-and-a-half-day event attended by members of media organizations, labor activists, students, researchers and members of civil society organizations. Participants were invited to debate and discuss the use of organizing unions, networks, associations and communities to push forward the rights of journalists and to protect the freedom of the media.
Watch the summary of the event:
- Helena Milinković (RTV, Slovenia)
- Marko Miletić (Mašina, Serbia)
- Ioana Avădani (Center for Independent Journalism, Romania)
- Jelena Prtorić, Freelance Journalist/Arena for Journalism in Europe
- Béla Szandelszky, Video Journalist and Photographer