The DI's Democracy in History Workgroup launched a public lecture series to bring together international as well as local scholars of history and related fields in Budapest as well as online to exchange their results on the interplay between democracy and histor(iograph)y in a broad sense. The series’ title honors the legacy of historian Jeno Szucs, an advocate of recognizing Central Europe as a historical region and a major critic of the misuses of national past in his native Hungary.
- The Uniqueness of Hungarian Jewry Revisited
- Political Timetraveling - Middle Ages Reloaded
- Utopia and Democracy in East Central European Utopianism
- Secessionism and Historical Politics: Instrumentalizing the Past in the Unrecognized Republics of Donbas and Transnistria
- Telling the Truth (Or Not?) About History. Dilemmas of Public History